Back to the drawing board, need some strings for my 75 Jazz

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bkchang79, May 10, 2003.

1. I'm looking for a light gauge nickel roundwound string for my Fender 75 Jazz, preferably 100-45. And a string that can be found in most music stores, i.e. sam ash, guitar center. Here are some of the strings I've used in the past.

DR Highbeams: Lately the last 2 sets of highbeams became dull within days. The string is a little stiff for me. I usually get 105-45.

DR Fatbeams: These strings felt good with my stu hamm bass, but they felt just like the highbeams.

DR sunbeams: I had these on my fretless and I'm in love with these strings. Too bad no one stocks these damm strings.

DR Lo-riders: Man these things are stiff, but I did get some good harmonics out of them.

GHS boomers: They don't last, but in terms of playability I liked them, one of the reason's why I want to try nickels again.

Ernie Ball: A very bright string, can't get a consistent tone out of them

Dean Markleys blue steel/ D'addario XL: I got them when I first started to play bass, I forgot how they felt. Never bought them again though.

TI flatwounds: I love these strings, but I'm not going to put flats on my Jazz since I'm looking for a hi-fi sound with the jazz. Very flexable strings and easy to play, but I don't think they would handle slapping too well.
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    There's always Slowounds.