Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Back to the Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cb56, Jun 9, 2003.

1. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    My MIA Jazz bass just came in. I've been craving that fender tone for awhile. Don't know why I ever switched. It's a yr 2000 passive model that has never been sold. Sounds and plays like an old friend. Can't wait to play it at saturday's gig. It's a 4 string so I'll have to get used to switching back and forth from 5 to 4.
    :bassist:

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Oh yeah
    [​IMG]

3. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    oh man not another Fender thread:p congratulations with the new bass, I'm happy for you:)

4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I traded my G&L ASAT for this nice MIA Fender Jazz V, noisless pups, J-Retro preamp, man, it should arrive tomorrow, I can't wait to get my hands on this sweet bass :bassist:
    thanks cheezewiz :D :bassist:
    [​IMG]

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Sweet bass, Bass Guru.
    Either a Fender Jazz V or Precision V is next on my list. Of course it will be awhile before I can scrape up the cash so I'll have plenty of time to make up my mind,

6. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I love jazz basses, there's nothing like a Good 4 or 5 strings funky jazz bass :)

7. Amen. :bassist: :D

8. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Those both are some fine looking jazz basses. Congrats to both of you.

9. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I'm sorry for the off-topic post but do you guys know the difference between
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

the first one is a USA highway series bass but the second is original USA bass

10. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    The price is definately different but the finish is the same I think, it's just a darker picture.

11. I think the Highway series have a satin finish. Plus, they have different (cheaper) hardware and pickups.

12. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I too bought a new nos 2000 MIA jazz bass in natural w/maple neck and white pick guard. Out of 11 Fenders I own it is the staple of the bunch and fits every occasion. One funky mother!

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That is a classic ... the one all the boutiques copy. Perfect. Congratulations.

[​IMG]

14. Except for the non-tort pickguard!:spit:

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    What ... ever.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My P-Bass came looking the same way. That Jazz needs the Tortise-shell pick guard, and the chrome covers.

Maybe not, but it would look very cool.

17. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    \

I'll drink to that!
    [​IMG]

18. morebass!

morebass! I'm listening

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    One difference I noticed from the picture is that the highway series has the truss rod adjustment at the headstock. The US model has it at the body.

19. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I don't know about you guy's but I like the T-rod Adj at the top of the heastock instead of the butt end of the neck, Just a preference...

20. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Me too. for the life of me I can't figure out why they change this aspect og design from model to model.:confused: :meh: