Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Back to the Flea part 3?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by merlin, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Last night, i walk into the lounge room and i see Back To The future 3 was on. It had about 5 minutes to go so i sat down... The scene was Marty in his black 4WD and a truck pulls up next to him daring for a drag. The driver was called Needles.

The cast went up and ZZ top started playing so i watched the credits (as you do). I see in the cast:

Needles: FLEA

Is it THE flea? the one and only?

:D:D

Merls

2. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Yes. That flea. He plays Needles in BTTFpt 2, also.

I'm not sure if the Needles character is in the first movie.

3. Well Flea really is a star then... :rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

4. He wasnt in the first movie, but its cool seeing him in Back To The Future 2 with all the make up on to make him look middle aged.

Jim

5. I don't think it's make-up... I think they just used the same picture's as Gallien-Kreuger is using now! :D

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My favorite "Flea on the screen moment" goes to the small screen when he was on the Simpsons with the rest of the RHCP. That was funny...they rocked Moe's Tavern.

brad cook

7. he was also the voice of that kid in "the wild thornberries" on nickelodeon.

8. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Remember back in the 80s when four movies came out around thesame year: All four of them dealt with the subject of kids becoming adults and/or adults becoming kids?

Big - starring Tom Hanks
    Vice Versa - Starring Judge Rinehold and Fred Savage
    Like Father, Like Son - Starring Dudley Moore and Kirk Cameron
    18 Again - starring George Burns and... some guy, can't recall his name.

Anyway, the Red Hot Chili Peppers were briefly seen in 18 Again. This was before RHCP bacame so popular. All I remember was that I thought it was a stupid name for a band :rolleyes: and that Anthony Kiedis was jumping around on the stage with a monkey mask on his face.

9. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    not forgetting RHCP in Pretty Woman and Kiedis in Point Break - terrible terrible terrible cheesey acting.

10. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Flea also starred in Son in Law (opposite everyone's favorite former MTV Spring Breaker Pauly Shore) as the tattoo parlor guy in LA... IMHO one of his better on screen moments, heh.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The best was Big Lebowski, but second best has to be The Chase. Alright, Big Lebowski was a better movie, But Flea and Kedis were awesome in the chase.