Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Back To The P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scatman, Jan 26, 2004.

1. scatman

scatman

Jun 12, 2003
    Never underestimate the value of a good setup adjustment.

I took my sunburst 62 P Bass Reissue into the shop. They lowered the action, heat-compressed the neck to straighten it out (it was stupidly curved!!!!!), and took my napkin from under the bridge and replaced it with a hard black foam! :cool: Kept the Labella flats, though!

Sounds sweet. Now, It's back to being my main bass, over my Japanese Jazz (I'M NOT SELLING THE JAZZ, SO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WAIVING $2,000 IN MY FACE!!!! :D)

The high action previously on the P was killing my hands. I'm a happy man, today. Thanks to Matt Umanov Guitars in NYC for the setup! Peace!

2. scatman

scatman

Jun 12, 2003
    The setup, in total, was $100.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Wow, pretty resonable.

4. Nothing's cheap these days.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea now that i think aboutiti $100 isnt something you can just dish out but for whatit did for him (gave him his main bass back) id say its worth it,

6. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    aye, but the heat compression thing is usually a pretty costly thing all on its own.... sounds very worth it to me.

7. scatman

scatman

Jun 12, 2003
    I was afraid they were gonna suggest that I replace the neck.

Here's the other thing. I bought the bass from Matt Umanov in 1998. So I guess the heat compression was a freebie. I have to write a commendation letter to them, because heat compression is no ordinary freebie. Peace.