1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Backbeat Club - For Those Who Silently Rumble

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pat C., Dec 21, 2018.

1. BoydG

BoydG

Nov 16, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I view that as more of a feature than a bug. I call it "perpetual sustain." :D

2. BoydG

BoydG

Nov 16, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I take the same approach. The biggest issue I have with doing it this way is as much due to my old eyes as anything to do with the BB. The knobs are so close to my eyes (and the red lines on them so dark) that it can be a challenge to determine where they're set. Hardly a major concern, but it would be easier if I could defy fizzicks and hold the knobs about a foot farther away while adjusting them.

3. David Silva

David Silva

May 4, 2017
    Yeah man!! I love it perpetual sustain, yeah that's what I meant.

4. Pat C.

Pat C. Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
    That's the method I've found works best as well.

My solution for this was to gaff tape the knobs in one position. I use the same in-ears setup every gig so I never really have to change the level or rumble settings on the Backbeat itself. A little on-gig experimentation and I found the ideal knob positions. And securing the knobs semi-permanently was my solution to the issue of the knobs occasionally getting pulled out of position by my earbud cord. Any changes to my mix can be made using my tablet that controls my monitor mix.

Jerry Ziarko likes this.
  5. I'm in, been using this since before it was even on Kickstarter (Yerko was giving me a prototype to use before they hit the market). Pretty invaluable tool to me now, I even took the extra steps to personalize mine. :D IMG_20190228_125700_565.

Mister R, Zbysek, Racermech and 2 others like this.
  6. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Is the AUX in stereo?

7. ranat

ranat

Dec 22, 2010
    LA California
    “I was blind, numb and now I can see and feel the Groovy vibe with #backbeat ! Get me a number please

Attached Files:

jbestwick likes this.
  8. Vherrada38

Vherrada38 Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2017
    So this previous post if mine turned out to be a bad powerstrip I was using but now the damn thing won't hold a charge.

I'll get about 5 minutes if time out of the battery which I left charging for a couple hours. The backbeat was dead as I had not used it in a while so left it charging for a few hours and it dies after a few minutes of playing, anybody experience this? Leave it charging overnight maybe?

DEMS854 likes this.
  9. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Well, THAT'S not good....

10. Vherrada38

Apr 3, 2017
    Tell me about it, bought it used off of here and that's the bummer as their warranty is stated as "non-transferable". Really hope they pull thru if it needs repairing as I've only had it for about few months and only used it a handful of times

11. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    A company that wants to stay in business and sell lots these will offer to send you a new pretty quickly.

BassikLee likes this.
  12. Vherrada38

Apr 3, 2017
    Here is a vid I recorded for Yerko incase anyone is having the same issue, waiting to hear back from him on how to proceed. This is right after charging it for about 2 hours, died before I tried another cable, didn't even last 5 minutes

DEMS854 likes this.
  13. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Hopefully it's just a battery that needs to be replaced. Having all that stuff in a relatively small plastic case that essentially shakes itself apart by design is kinda scary. Almost like it was designed by Harley Davidson. Of course having it be two pieces would be kinda kludgy, so I dunno. I almost wonder about using AA batteries, because at least you can carry charged replacements.

14. Pat C.

Pat C. Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
    Is a charging completely? Does the charge light go off ?

Have you contacted the company directly?

15. Vherrada38

Apr 3, 2017
    Not sure I follow your questions, does the light indicating it is charging go off once it is fully charged? Again, I previously let if charging for a couple of hours, manual states from a dead unit to fully charged is about 1.5 hours so it should have been more than charged. I have contacted Yerko (Owner of Backbeat) but have yet to hear back from him with a solution

16. Pat C.

Pat C. Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
    Yes, I believe the green charging light should go off when the battery is fully charged.

There obviously an issue with yours anyway. I was curious if it's indicating a full charge before dissipating quickly under use.

Keep us posted on Backbeat's response.

17. Vherrada38

Apr 3, 2017
    So ended up paying 39 bucks to send it in and get the battery replaced. 39 bucks more than I would have liked to have paid but oh well. Will update once I receive the fixed unit back.

peterpalmieri likes this.
  18. BassikLee

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Given that their warranty is non transferable, it could have been worse. I know there are some who will say they should have stepped up and taken care of you. I am of the opinion that as long as their warranty clearly states original purchases only, they owed you nothing. Does that mean these will be worth less on the used market than they might otherwise be? Yes. Buy accordingly. I'm hoping this battery issue was a fluke.

GlassToMouth likes this.
  19. Vherrada38

Apr 3, 2017
    I should have read the warranty specs before hand so that's on me but like you said buy accordingly, I about paid what a new one runs after this 39 bucks so makes you wish you had just bought a new one.

I very much like the product and am not trashing them in any way, works great with iems, just be sure you take this into consideration when purchasing used.

20. Vherrada38

Apr 3, 2017
    And this might have very well been a fluke deal, maybe I got one of the very early models.