1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Backing Track Help

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Kaitlyn, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

Sep 7, 2017
    Hey! I'm currently working on improvising. I know the basics; roots, fifths, sixths, and flat sevenths, plus a little bit more. I'm just trying to get my rhythm and technique down as well as working on connecting chords and seeing what sounds good together. Could you guys/gals link some possible backing tracks that I could practice with? Thanks!

2. QuistJam on YouTube for starters. You'll see tracks for bass practice listed on the sidebar by others too. There's lots.

natobasso and Badwater like this.
  3. lstelie

lstelie

Nov 27, 2008
    Paris France
    Hello,

It depends what kind of music you play.
    Of course, Youtube is a tremendous source.
    If you're into jazz/Blues, the usual suspect is the absolutely incredible software iReal (Mac, Android, IOS), will cost you a few bucks but worth every penny.

LeeNunn and Badwater like this.
  4. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    Just search YouTube for something specific like blues backing track in Am.

Badwater likes this.
  5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I've used jamstudio.com to build automated backing tracks for playing over. A little clunky and not terribly flexible, but works well enough for me.

6. As mentioned, any search engine, Google or whatever, can pull up all kind of backing tracks. If you want the chords shown....... just include that in your command string.

slow backing track, with chords - Bing video

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  7. Here's a fairly easy one from QuistJam...he's on YouTube and has lots of bassless tracks, as do the others shown :-

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    natobasso and Badwater like this.
  8. Here's one a bit more complex:-

9. If you like Bossa Nova:-

10. Blues:-

11. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    What really helps is if you have a artist/musician or style of music that really inspires you to get into the grove. If you really like the music you play and really get into it, your chances of getting emotionally involved increases, and that's where the magic happens.

12. Chili_Time

Chili_Time

Oct 11, 2016
    Tennessee