1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Backing Tracks For Playing Bass...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ZenG, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Can't remember what thread it was in, but the OP made mention that he found all his backing tracks on YouTube.

So I looked up on YouTube for tracks to play bass to where the bass is non existent or has been removed.

Turns out there's lots I wasn't aware of.

So a big thanks to you, sir.........:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. As a study piece I like the ones that show the chords and you can hear the bass. For example:

Bodeanly and ZenG like this.
  3. Bondobass

Bondobass

Mar 14, 2014
    I like to search YouTube for covers of songs done by solo guitar players W/O backing music. And just jam along with him/her, like I got a new friend

Jhengsman, Bodeanly and ZenG like this.
  4. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    G Dorian Mode Groove Backing Track: httpWs://youtu.be/tYUi9AMaFUo

This guy does some decent tracks.

I thought it would be a link. But anyway, his user name is quist.

5. ak56

ak56 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Carnation, Wa
    jchrisk1 likes this.
  6. QuistJam

Yes...Quist has some good stuff..

Just spent the last 45 minutes jamming to a whole bunch of his tracks......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dug2 and jchrisk1 like this.
  7. Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Dug2 likes this.
  8. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    I stumbled across wikiloops.com a few months back. You can exclude any instrument you want, and filter by genre. The track will keep looping as long as you like, too.

Chili_Time likes this.
  9. Dug2 and Chili_Time like this.
  10. Dug2 likes this.
  11. Chili_Time

Chili_Time

Oct 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    You might like Chordsterr from the same guys that developed Songster. It is basically people playing acoustic covers and they display the chord being played so it is easy to follow along. It is free so far but they may begin to charge a monthly fee at some point. Very good acoutic guitar players.

Chordsterr

Bondobass likes this.
  12. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
  13. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    Band in a Box

14. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Any song. Just turn the bass all the way down.

15. That doesn't always work as good as it should theoretically.

I find that doing that tends to suck some of the overall ambience out of the recording and other instruments as well.

Spent considerable time with 10 band L+R EQ's trying to get around that. You want the other instruments to retain their character and not sound "tinny".