1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Backing Tracks - Who uses them successfully?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Irishbass, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Myself and a drummer want to try doing some gigs with a couple of very talented female vocalists, but we need to keep down the size of the band for this gig and we are toying with the idea of using backing tracks and playing live bass & drums. I know this is not everybodys cup of tea, so I would like to hear from anyone who actually does this successfully. What do you use? Where do you get your tracks from etc? We would like to get the best quality backing tracks we can within reason. I guess we will choose them for quality and we obviously will not be running bass & drum parts. Is there any way to sequence MP3's or would we need to buy them already cut to size so to speak? We plan on doing mostly disco/dance covers with this line up.