1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Backline 600 rack mount options

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CountyryJazzer, Sep 23, 2008.

1. CountyryJazzer

CountyryJazzer

Sep 23, 2008
    Chicago
    Has anyone found a way to mount a backline into a rack? I have been looking around and asked a couple of online shops, but no one really has an answer, all I got was a rack to mount it into a studio rack, not a road worthy one.

2. What is the difference between a "studio" rack and a road worthy one? Rack mounts are standardized - 1.75" for each space in height, 19" wide.

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Call GK. They have rack-mount ears for the Backline heads available.

Like slyjoe said, there isn't a difference in dimensions between studio racks and road cases.

4. CountyryJazzer

CountyryJazzer

Sep 23, 2008
    Chicago
    well the one I found just kind of sits in it, I will give GK a call, they never responded via email though...

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Sounds like a rack tray, which would probably also get the job done, but maybe not as securely as you'd like. I have a couple of those in my home recording rack for some odd-sized units.

The rack ears from GK attach to the side of the head with screws (using existing holes) and provide a solid mount in any typical rack.

6. + infinity

They sell the standard rack ears on their site. A google search will bring them up. Should be something like $30 IIRC.

7. socialpariah

socialpariah

Dec 16, 2008
    can you give me like a URL for this because i cant find it on the GK site. i just got a rackmount casing