Backline 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jgrabs07, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Apr 26, 2012
    Temple Texas
    I have two peavey 18" b/w subs can I run both channels to both speakers or run them parrell to save my ohms, or run both channels to one speaker

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

What is the impedance of the subs? 8ohm or 4ohm. If 8ohm you can run both, if 4ohm you can only drive one cab. The BL600 only has ONE output amp that runs to two jacks.

3. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Apr 26, 2012
    Temple Texas
    I think there both 8 ohm b/w thats what it says on the black I havent checked the speaker itself but there an older pair, if not can I run them parrell to get 4 ohms, or run both channels to one cab, low and high input

4. I have a Backline 600 and hate it cant wait to get rid of this thing and get the new Mesa

5. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Apr 26, 2012
    Temple Texas
    The bl 600 is the best I can do rite now trying to get the most bang fer the buck

6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

If they are 8ohm run a speaker cable from each output jack to each cab. That will give you a total 4ohm load and you'll be good. BTW most people really like that amp. But no amp will make up for bad speakers, bass, bad choice in knob twisting or poor technique. ;)

7. well, i have one, and like it :)
    (although I am trying to shed it to cash up for something new)

I have the 410-BLXII (400W) and once for an outdoor show I borrowed the 115 BLXII (200W) and ran them together.... As long as theyre 8 ohm cabs, run one output to each one and It'll do just fine ;)

8. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Apr 26, 2012
    Temple Texas
    Thanks for the info really,helpful

9. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Apr 26, 2012
    Temple Texas
    Is there anyway I can get a peavey 1505 cab to run,through my rumble 350, id like to try a a/b selector to change from the two 10" to 1 15 for a little bigger rumble when we have pratcice,the guitarist seem to over power it with their marshell halfs, dont like to tote those 18s every where output imp. Is 8ohms to two 8 ohms 10" to make 4ohms

10. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    +1

That head has a good reputation. Here is an excellent evaluation from Fdeck's webpages: http://personalpages.tds.net/~fdeck/bass/gkbl600.pdf

11. Two ten can move just as much air as one 15. Big waste of time. The rumble is what it is. Rumble 350 doesn't allow extension cabs, not my drummer's one anyway.

Your Backline has plenty of tone in it when you dial it properly. It has a baked in eq which you can take out. One of the cab building guys published a paper on it in his blog.

It has one channel. The dual jacks are parallel wired so you don't need daisy chain connectors on your cabs.

Can you sell the Rumble? Since you are all gung ho with the diy you ought to build some BFM's for the backline.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021