Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Backodor quite long, so...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LA, Nov 24, 2003.

1. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    My favorite online bass vendor just informed me that the bass I have on B.O., the RBX775, is not available until the end of the year. So now I'm mulling over a BTB405 that's "in stock". It's incredibly difficult to be patient, but I can get the BTB, which I have played before, ordered today, while the Yamaha that I haven't played would be another 5-6 week wait. Without sounding like I am asking you to make the decision for me, what would you do if you were in this situation?

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Here:

[​IMG][​IMG]

This will take care of that "back odor" problem..

;) :p

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    You're a monster, Progzilla!

:D

4. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    hahaha. Nice touch, prog.

5. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I think I'm going to 'coast' to the BTB. That stands for "Brush The Back", doesn't it?

I know that isn't as funny as ProgZilla's offering. Nothing is. :p

6. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Sorry to derail your thread man.. Back on topic, which one do you REALLY want?? An important lesson in bass buying is "don't settle"!! If the Yammy is what you want, then it'll be worth the wait in the end..

Think 5 or 6 weeks is bad?? Try 20 plus weeks for a custom instrument!!

:eek:

7. Absolutely! If you really want the Yamaha, get the Yamaha. BTBs are great, but do not settle, unless you have enough money to buy both.

You said, "your favorite online bass vendor" won't have it for 5-6 weeks. Did you check to see if anyone else has them in stock?

Good luck in your decision.

Mike

8. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I'm well aware of some of the wait times for custom instruments. It was originally a choice between the Yamaha and the Ibanez SRX505 but since the backorder began I have more funds to work with, so the BTB is a real possibility at this point. Either way, I wouldn't be "settling" for anything. Thanks!

9. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    For what it's worth, I owned a BTB406 6 string at one time and it was a very nice bass..