1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Backup Bass Excitement!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jamzcl, Dec 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    Finally found the one! The one that can be taken out and feels, plays and sounds just like the #1.

My go-to has been, and will always be, my 2010 Fender Oly white & maple American Standard Jazz that is setup so perfect that it's just so easy to play . I've had four American Standards and a Fender Roscoe Beck IV since I got the #1 that were intended to be the backup. To my disappointment none could get close to the similar feeling that could match the #1.....until yesterday.

I've never bought the same bass in the same color before and was rolling the dice on this one. I had a 2012 Charcoal Frost Metallic that I got from a fellow TB member but just couldn't get it set up like I wanted without fret buzz and the string tension feeling different. Low-and-behold I run across this 2008 version and after a couple hours of tweaking, this one can equally match the #1 with no noticeable difference.

It's such a nice relief to come to the end of such a long search :D

Charcoal Frost.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  2. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Dig the color combo!

jamzcl likes this.
  3. My favorite fender color. Congrats!

jamzcl likes this.
  4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If it plays like it looks, it is a great bass!

jamzcl likes this.