1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Backup/practice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by muzikluver517, Jul 23, 2012.

1. muzikluver517

muzikluver517

May 18, 2011
    Hey guys! Im looking for some advice on purchasing an inexpensive backup/practice bass, anyone who has purchased or used one of the following please let me know your experiences be they good or bad :) I've looked and narrowed it down to 3... a schecter omen 4, an Ibanez sr300, and an esp ltd b334... if no one has input/experience with any of the above im open to other options within my price point! Around $450 or less... thank you in advance for any and all that reply!

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Used Ray34 around that range. Hands down!

3. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    It might help to know what your main axe is right now?

4. You can get a Krappy guitar (custom, handmade in USA) for that price or less. They're not actually Krappy, go read the Krappy Bassists thread!

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Id pick the Ibanez SR300 of those with the esp ltd the 2nd choice. I rather liked the Ibanez sr300 with mid sweep eq tone wise. But you do have to add locktite or similiar to the bridge saddle adjustment screws since Ibanez wont use the right size screws for them which means the bridge saddles by riding down from vibration. But other excellent bass if you like the all curvy rounded body style. ESP Ltd B154dx and F154dx would also be great choices for just a little more then the Ibanez.

6. A "practice" bass ??? :eyebrow:

Practice on your main bass so you are familiar with it.