Bacon worship thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave Siff, Jan 5, 2003.

1. I felt compelled to start this thread to express my undying love for the greatest of all foods.. bacon! I cooked breakfast for my wife and myself yesterday, including an entire package of delicious, crispy bacon. She only ate two slices, leaving me with 16 or 18. I ate them all. I could have eaten 50 more. I'm a bad Jew, aren't I? :D I chug bacon bits straight from the can. I just love the stuff. Who's with me?
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Count me in.
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I just finished off some lovely bacon, too, Dave. She can really make the stuff right. None of that white, chewy fat junk. Just crisp, tasty bacon all the way through.

4. Damn you for making me crave bacon when I can't have any!

Or at least...not any good bacon.
  5. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    even better is that "peppered bacon" that's some addictive stuff!
  6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I am a vegetarian

I always HATED meat, was forced to eat it as a kid

Haven't touched the stuff in over a decade

The only thing I ever miss

is bacon.

I sure hope ya don't do the 18 slice thing often as I believe that would be the equivalent of injecting silly putty into your major arteries.
  7. Watch out for those bacon bits! They are usually pure soy. wouldn't want to get anything artificial now... ;)
  8. I love bacon.....especially when it's wraped around a piece of sausage:D
  9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Dude---I've seen Dave turn a can of Bacon Bits up and finish it in one gulp. I almost cried.
  10. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Go Bacon Go Bacon GO!

I love the stuff, I always order bacon when I buy a hamburger (or make one myself).

The only scenario in which I don´t like bacon is when it´s a pizza topping. Yuck!
  11. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    *Homer voice on* Mmm, bacon.... *Homer voice off*

Thank you, Dave, for your wonderful homage to the greatest of breakfast meats.

And for establishing that it's not just a breakfast sidedish anymore, darn it -- it's a meal you can enjoy anytime!

Tip: Best way to prepare it is to panfry it, and I always sprinkle just a tiny bit of sugar on each strip -- makes it fry up nice and crispy, and gives it a lovely flavor. (Learned that one from a Gomer Pyle USMC episode -- really).
  12. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    WOOO! Bacon!!!

Now THAT'S the good stuff!

13. a-men! i gobble that stuff up. and i can actually feel my arteries clogging.
  14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I love bacon!

Now I'm hungry:(
  15. I love crispy side bacon - even better than Canadian Bacon, eh?
  16. Nice!! I'll have to try that.
    I also enjoy bacon when it mingles with pancake syrup.
    I must confess to eating some of the pre-cooked bacon that you microwave for 5-10 seconds per slice.. not the purist way of cooking it, I know, but it's still damn tasty and really saves time if you want to scarf down some bacon as you're bolting out the door!
  17. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    hey DHC...3-4 strips, some eggs and salsa between a home-made that's the way it was intended to be eaten!:D
  18. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    *beavis voice on*

Bacon RAWKS... it RAWKS

*beavis voice off*

*Butthead voice on*

Uhhh yeah, this bacon tastes better than any meat has ever tasted before

*butthead out.*