Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad ass 2 bridge action

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Feb 2, 2005.

1. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    hey i got the mike dirnt custom fender, it comes with a bad ass two bridge. It has now come to the time where I need to raise the action on the low E, but when I tried to use the usual allen key which fits all my other basses it didnt fit. Is there another allen key that is a size down that I can get or if anybody else has had a similar problem, cheers

2. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    yea, cheers, i was going to take it into wickes or B and Q or something along those lines, its just annoying that the action poles are smaller than the standard size lol

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    IIRC, it's a metric .050 allen wrench.

4. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    thanks alot ill go and get one from wickes which is about 30 seconds from my house.are you deffinately sure that a .050 allen wrench will fit?

5. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    IIRC=If I remember correctly. :)

6. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    Nino remembers correctly.

tk

7. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    lol cool cheers, i thought that was some sort of shop lol shows how clever I am, well cheers again mate.........now just gotta get his sound lol

8. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    wel wickes were not any help at all. apparently they dont sell them any more. if anybody lives in the uk and knows of a fairly big shop or names of shops that DEFFINATELY sell them I would be very happy lol

9. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    im talking about the pole pieces in the bridge saddles, and that i need an allen wrench that will fit. im going to try and find the 0.50 metric wrench, i have been gladly informed that this one will fit, just need to find it

10. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    You will probably find a selection allan keys in a good music shop. Just ask them if they have any bridge adjusting allan keys.
    Falcon Music in Llanelli let me have one the other day. I needed to replace one that had become worn.

11. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Did you buy the bass new? If so, go to the music shop and ask if they have one. You could tell them you didn't get one with your bass and they'll probably give it to you.

12. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    yea i bought it new, im going to ask them when i am next in that area, thanks for all the help

13. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I got one from B&Q but had to buy a set for £12. it was the only set they had with a .050 in it. its the set with the ball ends on it a plastic yello holder.
    Yes it was very expensive for one allen key but i needed a new set anyway.

Dave.