Bad bad gas. Anyone know the answer to this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joel406, Jan 13, 2015.

1. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Getting a new bass in 4 weeks. Gassing for an American standard jazz. New ones can be found easy enough but what I really want is a "new" new American standard. A 2015 American standard.
    Any news on a release date or any info anywhere online? Been searching but have found nothing. Short of calling Fender directly I'm at a loss.

All outa Gasx.

Anybody know anything?

2. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Nothing wrong with that gas. Current line of American standards are awesome with the 60s custom shop pups.

If you decide you want to save a little and get a nearly new one, holler. :)

bassadicct likes this.
  3. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    post NAMM? just a guess

Matthew_84 likes this.
  4. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Really beautiful jazz you got there for sale. Anybody would be lucky to have her. But I'm and old fashioned kinda guy and am hoked on the old sunburst finishes. However that does really look awesome....no, no, no, must resist. The price is sooooo good AAAAHHHHHHHHH!....click*

5. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Always a classic, sunburst.

6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Sweetwater posts pics of the actual bass alongside their serial number. Once they become available, you should be able to zero in on a year/model you like.

SamJ and Matthew_84 like this.
  7. OldCityBassman

OldCityBassman

Nov 10, 2014
    Florida
    Call Sweetwater or ZZounds, they can probably tell you.

8. Ramleg85

Ramleg85

Apr 21, 2013
    Hartford, CT
    Beano

placedesjardins, old spice and Jake72 like this.
  9. Lookup Sam Truebedoor at sweetwater--he works in the tech shop and sees them first when they come thru the door.

10. That last name is to good to be real.. that's funny.

11. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    CS60s SWEET!

12. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    I'm pretty sure most of Fender's new stuff will ship as soon as NAMM is finished. If one of your local merchants is going to NAMM, have them place an order for you. Or you could try to order one directly from Fender's website.

13. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I had a bad, bad case of gas yesterday. It started about 3 hours after lunch, after having eaten
    two heads of roasted garlic with some sliced french bread that had a beautiful, buttery sunburst toasting, and a bowl of spicy Potato/Tomatillo soup. By midnight even the dogs were giving me dirty looks.

if I'd only passed on the food and bought a new American Standard Jazz during my lunch break I'm sure I'd have offended many less people throughout the course of the day! Those are some sweet basses!

14. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Siphon it out, fill 'er up with good gas.

15. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh poopie, I thought I was on the Honda Prelude forum

16. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    Get a musicman I have been gas free since last summer when I got mine. Except for the occasional pedal purchase.

17. It's real--and legal--but not the name with which he was born!

Dustin Owens likes this.
  18. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I have to ask - why? Shy do you think you need this particular bass? Have you played one that you love, or are you just seeing ads that excite you?

19. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    What - did he get married? :roflmao:

20. Dug2

Dug2

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    the answer....... well, money is the answer. money and a gf/wife that wont get on you about
    said gas. but mostly money.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021