1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bad bass/amp mix or room?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ericw, May 6, 2010.

1. ericw

ericw

Aug 19, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    When I play my parts p-bass (alder body, maple neck, dimarzio dp122) through my little mark II and avatar 212 in my small (like 10'x12') music room, with the eq set pretty much flat, it basically sucks. I get like zero highs and it just sounds kind of muddy. Then I go to band practice and play through their fender rumble 100 or something, with the eq pretty much flat, and it sings. I mean it really sings.

Is this a poor match of the amp and guitar or is it my small room? First gig with the p-bass this weekend/first time using the p-bass with the LMII in a bigger room and I'm kind of worried :meh:

2. Don't set the EQ flat? If you think it will be boomy, boost mids and treble?

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    The markbass and a 212 is wwaaayyy too much rig for a 10x12room. Cancellations and just plain too much sound for something 3 times that size. Adding volume just makes it worse. Probably why the little combo sounded better... odd frequency response combined with a tiny venue that it could handle.

4. Whaaaapsh

Whaaaapsh

Apr 23, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Sorry dude, just about everything sucks in a practice space that small. If the fender rumble thing had kickbackability - maybe that Avatar sounds worse because it's pointed at your feet. Other than that -- leave your fender at the practice space and play the avatar out = problem solved.

5. ericw

ericw

Aug 19, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Fair enough... thanks.

6. flat on the markbass and flat on the fender are two very different settings eq wise.