Bad Brains

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Irie01, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    Does anyone know what bass Daryl from Bad Brains uses? Especially on their first album, the song"Jah Calling"(dubstyle) in particular. I love that tone.
  2. jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    i cant remember where i read it but i do remember he uses a fender p or j , i forgot, with active emgs pick ups. and sometimes he would turn the tone nob all the way down to make it real bassy.
  3. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    If I can remember back that far, I think he was using a Fender J when I saw them. What an awesome musician!
  4. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Southborough, MA
    I vaguely remember seeing an ebay auction for a 6 string fretless Modulus that was owned by their bass player. Wheter it was true or not, I do not know.
  5. I have a picture on my computer of him playing a black P/J Fender w/ white EMG pups. I'll post a picture of it if i still have it some where on my computer.
  6. Bad Brains rules!!!!!!! The fastest drummer ever, btw.

all that old punk stuff just f---ing rocks my world. :D
  7. I remember him carrying around a Jazz. He used to ride with me from Woodstock to Manhattan on Monday mornings, over 15 years ago.

He actually played bass on a number of Police songs, though I don't think he was never credited.

He's a great guy.

8. Darryl plays a bright green Jazz bass.
  9. Oh.. the Bad Brains(or as they must be called now) th Soul Brains.. Years!! ago I was in a band that opened for them and he was playing a jazz. Then, around the Quickness tour, I saw him playing an antifreeze green bass that i honestly can't remember if it was p or j.. Amazing player!! The post earlier was correct, he'd roll that back and get the beefiest bass tone...