1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BAD BRIDGE

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by modulus603, Mar 27, 2006.

1. modulus603

modulus603

Mar 17, 2006
    i have a ibanez gsr200 and it has some cheap korean bridge .now when i tried reducing the action the screws wouldnt budge:crying: .so i am stuck!
    is a BadAss2 compatible with a ibanez gsr200?? it has a B10 bridge?:help:
    i read a review about the BadAss2 at www.bgra.net "Leo Quan

I give Leo Quan credit for making the bridge with the coolest nameout there: the BadAss and the BadAss II. The BadAss is basically abeefed-up bent metal bridge that replaces stock Fender bridges. TheBadAss II is a more adjustable model that is not a stockreplacement.

Lots of people love these bridges, but I am not a fan. For a stockreplacement of a Fender bridge, the BadAss does a nice job. But theBadAss II is not clean looking enough, it's not a quick-loadingbridge, and the saddles must be slotted at install. These are brasssaddles that ride on grooves slotted in the base plate. The ability to custom slot your bridges buys you some flexibility, but also gives youthe opportunity to screw up the saddles."
    what do the terms quick-loadingbridge , saddles , slotted at install , custom slot ? :confused:

2. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    Okay, first, learning to type would be helpful (even if English isn't your first language, which it seems to be). Second, The Badass bridge is NOT a replacement for stock Fender bridges, nor is the Badass III; the Badass II is.

Quick-loading refers to the need (or lack thereof) to run the strings through small holes, and instead using larger openings on the top. Saddles refer to the pieces where the strings meet the bridge. Slotted at install means you file slots in the saddles when you install it. Custom slotting it means it's not stock, and you get to choose how deep you want the slots cut.

Is it compatible? I have no idea. How many screws does it take to attach the bridge to the body? If it's five, then yes, it will work with the Badass II.

3. modulus603

modulus603

Mar 17, 2006
    Are there any other bridges that are easy to install and compatible ??

P.S- I am working on my typing skills!

4. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    That depends. The photo of the bass in question that I saw only had a four-screw bridge. I don't know if that's quite right (it wasn't exactly a good photo of the bridge). If it's four, I think it may even be compatible with the Badass 1. Otherwise, I suggest the Hipshot bridge. I like the A model, but I don't know if that works.