1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bad Customer Service

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by wyliee, Apr 26, 2010.

1. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Rich,

It seems you have some problems in your customer service department. I have an XDR95 unit and the transmitter has gone bad. I borrowed a friend's transmitter and isolated the problem to the transmitter itself.

Mar 21: I post on the online support forums asking for repair options and am told to contact Line6 for an RMA.

Apr 2: I call in and explain my troubleshooting. Even though I've registered my gear online, I am told I must submit proof of purchase.

Apr 14: It takes me some time to track proof of purchase down and email in a copy of my order confirmation. (Purchased online) Emailed to service@line6.com as instructed.

April 22: After no response, I forward the email again.

April 23: I follow up with a phone call and go through the diagnostics process yet again. I ask why my email has not been answered and the young lady tells me she is new and her email is not working. ??? Your main support email address is not working ??? I spoke with the same lady on the first call, so she's been there since the first of the month... and her email isn't working....

April 25: I email all the documentation and reference materials yet again to service@line6.com.

April 26: (Today). I get an email response that a ticket has been opened and the link references a ticket number. Unfortunately, the link provided in the email is broken. So I log in to my Line6 account and look under Support Tickets. No ticket exists.

I'm at over a month now trying to get customer service and I am told turnaround is two weeks. So six weeks (or more) trying to get a replacement transmitter.

I have not opened the pack, but I'm betting it is just a broken wire. I could have that fixed in the time it is taking me to write this thread. However, if it is something more circuit board related, I don't want to hose myself by voiding the warranty.

I'm not holding out hope at this point, but will call in tomorrow and see if your customer service department can get this resolved.

Rich, this is a real problem and bears investigation. Please let us know what you find out and what corrective actions are taken.

2. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Wow, this just keeps getting better. (not really...)

April 28: Call support again and talk to the same lady. Now I'm told to send in both the transmitter and receiver so you can do diagnostics. I went through all my diagnostics with her last time and it was agreed to be the transmitter. I asked to speak to a manager and she did (quite curtly) transfer me to Mark's voicemail. I still don't have a valid RMA.

Rich, many of my co-workers use the X2 wireless units and I've recommended them to a number of my students. They work great while they work, but getting any support has been a very sour experience.

3. Line6Aaron

Line6Aaron

Jul 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Category Manager, Amplifiers
    Hi Wyliee,

I'm sorry to read about your experience below, and I'd like to help. Would you mind PM'ing me your Name and Mailing Address and I'll see if I can put together a satisfactory fix for you in the next day or two.

Thanks,
    Aaron

4. Line6Aaron

Line6Aaron

Jul 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Category Manager, Amplifiers
    Hi Wyliee,

Wanted to let you know two things: 1) Customer Service will be shipping you out the replacement transceiver in the next 1-2 working days, and 2) the head of Line 6 Customer Service is aware of your feedback, appreciates it, and will review this case with his team.

Stay tuned for the transceiver, and looking forward to getting you back up and running!

Cheers,
    Aaron

5. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    At this point i would like to see Line 6 FEDEX him a unit overnight... Just my 2 cents...

6. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I have been in contact with Aaron and Mark the Line6 Service Manager. A replacement pack is on its way and I had a positive discussion with Mark.

Thanks for the assistance, Aaron.