1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bad Day Therapy #1

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Avalon, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I don't know - man.

Watching that; I kept getting an awful feeling that something really bad was going to happen.

Now I'm having a panic attack!

2. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    The girl has probably been around some of those dogs since birth and they're obviously well-trained. When I was a toddler, my family lived on a huge patch of land in a semi-rural area. While my mom did yard work, she left me under the watchful eyes of our Lab/Newfoundland mix and German Shepherd. She had taken them through obedience school and knew they could be trusted to keep me safe.

Unfortunately, the Shepherd later started leading the neighborhood dogs on chicken-killing sprees, and my parents had to give him away. My mom said she can still recall watching him ride away in the back seat of a white Cadillac with an old couple who wanted a good watchdog.

3. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    that was perfect.

4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    Having one GSD and watching her grow with our family as her pack I would say that girl is safe from the dogs and just about anything else as long as they are present.....

5. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Man, all I kept thinking was how can anyone be unhappy in the presense of 14 happy and healthy German Shepherds.

The dogs were happy. The little girl was obviously happy. Yea, I think she is probably just about the safest little girl on the planet. German Shepherds are very smart, very personable.

Back when I worked with Patrol Dogs, I had at different times a Belgian Malanois and a German Shepherd. The Belgian was hell on paws, but the Shep was smart as a whip and obediant like no other.