Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad deal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spector5, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Spector5

Spector5

Dec 8, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    I don't know if any of you guys have had aproblem like this. Hear goes Iwant be able to tell everthing because its to much. I bought the yamaha john patitucci bass through a dealer from yamaha 1-11-06 they sent the wrong color so instead of waiting as long as I did for this bass to come in. I took the color that they had sent me.So I test it out had a hard time the set up was terrible and it was also buzzing I took it to the repairman to have it setup the the repair man check it out and said that I needed a lot of work done on the neck. So I call yamaha complaining I also email them about the situation. I recieve a letter from yamaha saying that they had talk to the dealer and that they both agree on not repairing or giving me another bass nor giving me my money back and that I would only recive credit and if i want to change that, I would have to call the dealer right away. so I call the dealer about my refund and what was said between yamaha and his company he told me that he had not talk to them at all and that he was waiting on a call tag to send the bass to nashville tenn. so they would work on getting a neck for the bass. that was the 17th of january its been about 3 weeks so I call today asking him what was the status he said that they are trying to find a neck and yamaha just got through checking their inventory and that they might have the color that I wanted but he's not sure so he'll call me back after he checks on it I even recieve an e-mail from john patitucci saying that he's going to take care of it and let me know whats going on after I had e-mail him about the situation and I hav'nt heard from him either have any one come acrosss this type of situation before?

2. can i get a paragraph break? Until i got lost you had my sympathies.

3. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    +1

4. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

Yeah, I agree. Sorry, not to come down on you but I had to read it 3 times before I really got the gist of what your complaint is.

Anyway, you need to be satisfied with your purchase and the dealer that you bought the bass from is responsible for making you happy. I would be on them daily until they took care of you.

You will wait months for the dealer and Yamaha to collectively fix the issue.

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Yes, be on them daily. You payed good money for a product and they did not deliver. They need to be held responsible.

6. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    How did you pay for the bass? If it was paid for with a credit card, you can file a grievance with the credit card company and they will withhold payment to the merchant. Then get on the phone and raise holy hell with the merchant.

(Notice the paragraph breaks when I change subjects? Pretty good huh?)

What would you like to happen? A new Yamaha, a different bass, a different merchant? Once you know what you want to do then you can make a plan. If this a creditable merchant, he should work with you to get you what you want and he should be fighting with Yamaha. If he won't do that then let him fight it out with the credit card company and you go buy a different bass from a different dealer. Don't take any crap, you didn't do anything wrong.

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Another thing you can do is to send a letter, carbon copied and via certified/return receipt mail to the dealer, to Yamaha and to your credit card company. This way, you have proof that they received the letter, they know about the situation and they can't claim "we didn't know" or "we don't recall" or "they never knew".
    Whatever you do, do it like a pit bull and don't let up.

8. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    You deserve what you originally ordered and the dealer should be responsible for making that happen. I'm not sure I would have accepted the wrong bass initially but I understand your frustration. Keep on them and don't let them put you off. IIRC that's not a cheap bass!