Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad experience with Digitech

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bogart, Aug 2, 2004.

1. bogart

bogart

Dec 11, 2003
    big bear, ca
    I've never really been a fan of their multi effects, but I saw the stompbox line and gave it a try. Picked up a distortion pedal two weeks ago, and the thing quit workingtwo days ago. Just totally stopped! Took it back for a refund yesterday.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
  3. Just because you had a bad experience with Digitech doesn't mean that every product they produce is solid waste.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    exactly, FF. I've had bad experiences with some EBS pedals, but that doesn't mean that all EBS pedals are bad.

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Digitech's BP200 is a complete tone stripping piece of crap. Stay away.

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have the Bass Synth Wah and I use the hell out of it. It's been used and abused without a single problem.

7. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    +1

Had one for a few months. I liked the drum machine but it made my bass sound like Stephen Hawkens.

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I don't disagree with you there, but I'm another very happy Digitech Synth Wah owner.

9. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    the bass synth wah is definitely cool. my guitar playing friend has some sort of digitech multi effect, but he mainly uses it as a tuner :D

10. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Ha! Exactly.

Haven't tried any of their other products other than the vocal variant of the BP200. That one REALLY sounds like Stephen Hawking....and Alvin Chipmunk combined.

11. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I am also a big fan of the Synth Wah, especially for it's great ovtaver. I enjoyed the BP200, but couldn't get the sounds I wanted and ebayed it. Am considering, though, a BP50 for comparison.

12. Wow! Me too!

I bought the Digitech Bass Squeeze in March 2004 and in May, It just stopped working. Really strange.

I can't return it (it's been over 30 days) and I failed to register it for warranty on time so I guess I have to pay to have it repaired.

Even so though...an $85 pedal should not just STOP working after light use.

I have 4 BOSS pedals all well over 6-8 yrs. old and have never ever had one problem with them.

In good faith, I can't recommend Digitech because when it did work, it didn't sound that great anyway.

I eventually bought the EBS MultiComp. 10 times better!

My 2 cents.

13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i have an RP200 for my guitar, it;s really good, i used it for my bass b4 and its also pretty good.

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Its not a bad unit at all. As with some other DIgitech stuff, it doesnt really SUCK your tone, it just gives you the DIGITECH tone, heh.
    I guess thats sucking though.

15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i haven't laughed so hard in about two days or so. but that was in the car with my band. you know, one of those laughs that is so hard your eyes tear up.

anyway, my guitar player has a digitech hot rod, and it started crapping out (in the studio, no less!). turned out the battery was cheap. they only take alkaline batteries. that may not have been the problem, but it certainly was the only problem in that case. just to let you know.

16. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

Glad to be of service. :D

17. B squared, I have a Hot Rod for my distortion, and it's been working fine. I've had a good experience with Digitech overall.

18. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, just avoid the dollar store 9Vs! lol.

and you use the guitar distortion, not the bass one?

19. Actually, I have both. Sometimes I use the bass distortion as a DI for guitar, because it has that mic'd bassman sound to it!