1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bad gas in your pigeonhole

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chuck norriss, Jun 17, 2014.

1. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Homes have to be top of the list because of all the crap you have to do to keep it up & all the crap you have to put in it. Maybe that shouldn't count.
    Cars--so bad. Good night.
    Motorcycles--bad too it never ends
    Firearms--similar if not worse than musical instruments gas
    Pc/tech good luck every few years
    Photo/video ridiculous but containable
    Audiophiles --have it bad but controllable not as often as others
    Musicians:
    Classical/ jazz have it worst in terms of instrument pricing then for jazz gigs you need an acoustic image combo or some rig on too of that?! Give me a break!
    Then Keyboard
    Guitarists
    Bass
    Drums
    Dj can be bad

Do you identify yourself with what you have & what you do or what

2. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    All my hobbies are way too expensive, and I'm naturally an obsessive gearhead. I own several pairs of $200 lycra shorts. :\

3. No pics? :woot:

4. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    What's Lycra

5. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    O you're a biker I see what you're saying. Bikes bad gas too
    I want a fixed gear.

6. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    I knew a pigeon in the CIA that had a stutter.

7. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    My wants are pretty simple. I don't have any expensive hobbies other than music related stuff.
    I have a bit of disposable income. If I want or plan to get a new bass or piece of musical gear, I save for it.
    No credit card debt or payment plans for me.

No cash = no purchase

Gravedigger Dav and edpal like this.
  8. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011

9. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    I second this posting completely (thanks for typing it bro :) )! I refuse to buy an instrument that costs more than 2 weeks average take-home. I just cannot justify it considering the possibilities of theft or complete destruction whilst out and about gigging,etc. I go a little higher on individual amp rigs.

10. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Smart.
    5-7 year investment plan keeps you away from sudden maneuvers.

11. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm a squier man myself. My son got into college so I'm helping him pay for it as long as he does well. If he drops out--curtains.

12. marko138

marko138

May 24, 2013
    Perry County PA
    All my hobbies are expensive. Though, my motorcycle is probably the cheapest at this point. Haven't spent much money on it other than yearly registration and insurance.

13. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    What do you ride

14. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    Totally get that one - I drove crap cars for years since I really believed my last two kids were both going to college and I saved my little tail off. And I played low-mid price basses. The last one aced a full-ride on tuition . . . I finally have something that while 10 years old, it was full luxury when new. 2003 Deville is comforting on my old pimp-bones.:cool:

I've not found anything wrong with Squiers I've played, other than some hadn't been setup properly. Chuck Norris could still kill someone with one. :)

15. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Niiiiice
    Cadillac is the cadillac of Cadillacs
    I drive 97 miata giving it to my kid for graduation gift as soon as he gains confidence on manual. I'm getting a used honda element from a friend.

trunkshope6 and tangentmusic like this.
  16. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Better for longboards and music gear.

17. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Miata is always the answer!
    M.I.A.T.A.

18. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    I drove a 96 Grand Am for 4 years before the Caddy - it had belonged to my next to youngest. I "bought it back" off her when she moved to Chicago, proceeded to pummel it to death by driving my youngest and 3 other young ladies as the morning car-pool driver for their school, for 4 freakin years!! I deserved the Caddy damnit, I'm 6'1", in a Grand Am! After 2 back2back mini-vans of death. Happiness is pimping in the Caddy ALL BY MYSELF. :)

19. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    I have an '06 Element (bought new, paid off within 3 years)
    Great vehicle for hauling gear. Dogs. Surfboards. Women.
    The removable rear seats come out and go back in easily. Tons of space in there.

20. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Since I have plenty of guns I don't worry too much about that any more. It's a rare occasion that gun GAS strikes these days.

Because my skills as a bass player are average at best my usual outlay for a bass is under $400. I've only bought 2 new basses in my life, a US J Plus for $700 in the early 90's and a Highway 1 J a couple years ago, also cost me $700. Outside that I've been buying trading and selling MIM J basses quite a bit lately and would say I'm breaking close to even on that, but it's helping me learn to service basses and I've also kept a few that were really good players. Don't know how long I'll hold on to them, but as a guy who spent most of his life with just one bass in the house, it's kinda fun to be holding a few, just in case. After so many years of only being able to afford crappy amps I tend to prefer better than average, but I still have trouble laying out a fat stack for any music related gear so I'm more of a used, or high end of the middle tier kind of consumer of amps.

R/C race cars and to a lesser extent airplanes and boats are the one thing where I'm truly stupid. Fortunately my background in design and production allow me to earn off my fellow fanatics through the R/C aftermarket so it's not a total one way street for my bucks when it comes to toy cars.

Fishing was my true GAS weakness before I got mangled and can't really do it any more. I've been selling off reels and other assorted angling gear for a few years now and still have a crap ton to move.

edpal likes this.