Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bad gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by AllodoX, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Grmbl..

yesterday we had our first gig in months.. oh how anxious we were.. :D

But the sound in the place totally sucked *** bigtime.. we were support act for another band, and when we played the bass was WAY too loud.. ok i like being heard, but if people avoid the stage-area and all stand way back because the bass is too loud.. i'm not happy :(

then halfway the main act the PA dropped out, but got fixed 5 mins later..

both us and the main act were not happy.. the backstage rooms were real small, and hot :(

what a come-back ! :(

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    That sucks....

Suck it up and hope that the next gig will be better :)

3. BACKSTAGE ROOMS......***! You are lucky that you got a gig, let alone a:
    1-PA
    2- People (even if they stand back)
    3-HOT!!!!HOT!!! I am not commenting on this!

4. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    sorry to hear that, man. but on the upside you DO live in the Netherlands, and you DO get legalized cannabis.
    so shuddup. :D

5. unfortunately.. i don't do alchohol, drugs and religion.. so the cannabis excuse is obsolete ;)

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Sorry to hear about that, I know the feeling. But it was only one gig, not too much to worry over.

7. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    The last gig I did our dressing rooms and backstage area was bigger than the damn stage....

(my but those dressing rooms were cool....showers...mirrors...smoking area...mini bar...mmmmmmmmmmm)

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sweet lord Murf. What the hell? Id be happy playing a gig...thats it. Stage, no stage. I dont care.

9. I know what you're talking about AllodoX, sucks big time man! better luck next time...

(and btw. I don't do drugs/alcohol either, so listen up *Tones* not everyone in the Netherlands uses drugs ;) )

10. Commiserations, but at least you can blame the P.A and the sound engineer. It would be worse if you felt you'd let the band down.

If it's any consolation, I went to see Weezer last weekend, and the sound at Southampton Guildhall left a lot to be desired. The support band's sound was terrible. The bass rumbled and made your sternum vibrate, but the notes were indiscernible. Weezer were slightly quieter and better, but it was still disappointing.

11. Man, that had to suck!