Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad Hair Day!

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Joe Taylor, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    Last week I had a rehair job done. It was fine at first but after about 3 days the hair came loose from the frog end. You know the feeling when you tighten up your bow all the way and it is still loose and the down beat is less than 24 hours away. The guy who did the rehair was out of town so off to Ifshin's for an emergency rehair. These guys are great. They did the rehair while I waited took about 2 hours start to stop. I was lucky as they don't have a bow technician on site every day.

They bad news now I have a new bow I can't be with out. I had to try new bows while I was waiting and found one that was much easier to play than my own bow.

So, Now I have two bows and wont have a second emergency rehair any time soon.

Any of you all play with a real high dollar bow? Ifshin's had some $2400 bows but I was afaid to even toch one of them.

Joe

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Lucky you're within a reasonable distance to Ifshin.

I played a Reid Hudson bow awhile back that pretty much ruined me for my bow.