1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bad jams that turn out great

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by static0verdrive, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Ever cringe your way though a jam, only to listen to it later and realize it's a jem?

I've had this happen a few times back when I was a drummer, in particular a couple of practices where I was hung-over that we recorded... solid gold.

This weekend I had a jam I kept feeling through-out "could be so much better if I ... or if he ... " but in mixing and emailing it out later that night, I realized we sounded pretty good and nailed a couple of takes.

Your stories?

2. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

I now record all our rehearsals, mainly to help write my basslines, I'll try a few different things then listen back to see what worked best.

Sometimes I'll be distracted by real life and not be into the jam as much as always,and may think it sounds crud,but when I listen back it actually sounds good.

It's a good way to improve yourself to always record jams and listen back critically.

static0verdrive likes this.