1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bad Luck Week

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by --Wang--, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Things seem to have been turning against me since the start of this week. On Tuesday, I was competing at a WCSSA ski meet and hurt my left thumb. I was goofing off in the powder snow between my runs and my tips dug in, sending me into a faceplant. I also happened to land on my thumb, pulling it in the wrong direction. At first, I thought it was just like a jammed finger, but then the bruising got pretty bad, so I saw a doctor. Turns out I have a minor fracture and some strained, possibly torn ligaments...:eek:

So now, I'm sitting here typing with a splint over my left thumb. No more bass for awhile, since I can't brace my thumb against the back of the neck when fretting. I have another race on Monday that I won't be able to compete in because the splint is supposed to be left on for a week, and I won't be able to pull on a glove or grasp a ski pole. Playing the piano is out of the question, and holding a trombone is gonna be a $@#*!

*sigh*
    This blows.