Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad Luck Week

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by --Wang--, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Things seem to have been turning against me since the start of this week. On Tuesday, I was competing at a WCSSA ski meet and hurt my left thumb. I was goofing off in the powder snow between my runs and my tips dug in, sending me into a faceplant. I also happened to land on my thumb, pulling it in the wrong direction. At first, I thought it was just like a jammed finger, but then the bruising got pretty bad, so I saw a doctor. Turns out I have a minor fracture and some strained, possibly torn ligaments...:eek:

So now, I'm sitting here typing with a splint over my left thumb. No more bass for awhile, since I can't brace my thumb against the back of the neck when fretting. I have another race on Monday that I won't be able to compete in because the splint is supposed to be left on for a week, and I won't be able to pull on a glove or grasp a ski pole. Playing the piano is out of the question, and holding a trombone is gonna be a $@#*!

*sigh*
    This blows.