Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad mood

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MurdocRocks, Feb 5, 2006.

1. MurdocRocks

MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    My girlfriend attempted sucide last night.

I just found out about half an hour ago. It's really crushing to find out that she did it. She's in the hospital and probably won't be let out till tomorrow. Just a little bit of venting I guess :meh:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sorry to hear the sad news. Don't let her know you are mad. Smiles and hugs are what she needs.

-Mike

3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Im really sorry to hear that. I hope she can work everything out alright.

4. Sorry to hear that man, try to speak with her and solve her problems so that she doesn't attmept it again. D*mn so many topics about sucide this year :(

5. MurdocRocks

MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    Well, she swallowed a bottle of tylenol, so she had her stomach pumped and something done to her liver. But apparently she's alright, though she'll be in the hospital for the rest of the week.

But her sister told me that her dad blames it all on me, which means i might not be able to see her till she gets out :(

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I can understand your sadness. But that arrangement be a good thing right now. You two would be much better off once she gets herself right.

-Mike

7. Unless you shoved the pills yourself or convinced her to do so, it's not your fault.

8. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    I had to take my girlfriend's pistol away from her during a suicide attempt. That is a scary moment.

Here's a tip: don't blow off the gravity of her feelings by worrying about what her dad thinks (he probably has more to do with it than you) or when you'll get a chance to see her again.

I know you care. That said, she needs help. Serious, real, psychological help. Suicide is not something a healthy individual will consider/attempt. Food for thought.

9. MurdocRocks

MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    She just got let into the psyche ward and now I can't see her for 3 days. This week is Hell.

10. sorry to hear bout that man. Truly sucks.

11. MurdocRocks

MurdocRocks

Jun 18, 2005
    Torrance, CA
    Well, the hospital let her have a 5 minute phone call with me :) . She said she's stuck in there with tons of druggies and gangsters, and is looking forward to getting out tomorrow. She even wants to come to school, and might be able to if her mom picks her up early enough.

Life really likes to kick you really, really, really hard in the balls when you least expect, doesn't it?

And on another random note, she also gave me blue balls once. Hurt like a mother :smug: .

12. Talk it out when you can. Heart to heart convos make a humongus difference in people.

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your freind, make sure she has the encouragment to get the help she needs.