Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad news on my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nazman, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I bought a 1979 Ibanez Musician..It had wiring problems..
    I took it to the shop..he got the tone and volume controls to work..But the switch to go form active to passive and the EQ knob are still not working..The problem is ..we cant find a wiring schematic for it..Guess I will sell it as is..Or trade it for some bass effects..

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Why not just:
    -play the bass passive?
    -install a different preamp?

3. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    That has crossed ny mind..I'm gonna ask him what he will charge to set that up.
    But I could use some bass effects too

4. Those are great basses. Don't get rid of it. I have a '79 Ibanez Roadster that I put EMG pickups and preamp in, and it sounds fantastic. Drop a new preamp in it.

5. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I may have found one that will help..Thanks for the web site
    I found the part # for the truss rod cover too..But I bet it is discontinued..Imay get this thing working afterall..

6. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I sent the repair dude the specs..But he says this-

You might call it quits, it takes a 8 pin injack. I have the 9 pin jacks but it will not work. None of my suppliers have the 8 pin.
    :meh:

7. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    A friend of mine has an early-'80s Musician - while the preamp is interesting, I don't think it's something to dump the bass over. An outboard preamp (Aguilar, Sadowsky, Fodera) might be a good idea instead - then you can use it with any bass!