Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad opinions Essex guitars. there may exist people using this forum for selling ****

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zezere, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zezere

zezere

Dec 2, 2004
    on some other day i bumped into a thread of this forum on witch there were a lot of ppl talkin good things about essex guitars and basses. ( http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57599&highlight=essex+bass+guitars )

at the first glance i was curious about if it was realy possible to exist such cheap and good quality guitars on the market, so, i googled a bit about this issue and finaly i found an article saying terribly bad things about this guitars. And the curious was the the article was writen by some neighbour of the so-called rondomusic store that sells this brand.

there were already some articles saying little bad things about this merchandise, but this single one have alramed me! For it's content, i start to doubt that the essex guitars sellers are massively using this and other foruns on the internet to trick some buyers. this way, this forum becomes a tool not to help bass players but to trick them. so, please try to keep this thread alive and if u have the chance to play with one guitar of this brand and u u feel it is crapy material please post yr opinion here!!

what folows next it's the bad article i talked about, it's a review of an Essex guitar found at the harmony-central:
    P.S- After this post have been here for a while, the crictics u see have folowed. i supose this thread will be closed down shortly and that there may exist a connection betewen talkbass.com and the rondomusic store. i seriously recomend u not to buy this basses before u play them.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Is there such a thing as "negative spam"? :eek:

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    One guy who doesnt own one might post that on Harmony Central, but the fact that quite a few well known TBers have given them good ratings makes me feel fine about ordering one.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I've owned an SX and hadn't noticed any of those. No, its not going to sound like a Jazz, at least not without modification, but it sounded damn good for a $129 bass. YMMV.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yes, Rondo Music started two supporting member accounts under the name Mark Latimour and Nick man and posted a total of 11,986 posts on the forum over the span of two and a half years to make their accounts look legitamate so that they could sucker people into buying from them.

Reported.

Edit: dont forget Ibanks

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    This is your 1st post? And its about this?! Well, welcome to TB.:eyebrow:

7. zezere

zezere

Dec 2, 2004
    U'R JUST CLONES OF THE GODDAMN SELLERS! IF U WANNA POST GOOD THINGS ABOUT ESSEX THEN POST IT ON THE MEGATHREAD AND LEAVE THIS ONE CLEAN FOR THE CRICTICISM!

8. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I usually recommend essex basses to people to keep them from getting a squier :meh:

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Shhhh.... no need to yell. The men in the black helicopters might find us.

10. Essex basses/guitars are hit-or-miss like squier for example. Not EVERY bass/guitar made by essex is going to be total crap, or totally perfect. they are good basses for the MONEY. Not the best things in the world. and YES, there HAVE been reviews on TB here about bad experiences with them. They are located in the megathread.

11. I recommend a computer course to learn to turn the caps lock key off and a program of some sort to help you with your people skills.

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    :p

13. zezere

zezere

Dec 2, 2004
    but that little crictics have nothing to do with this one i found out. and, if i was trying to trick someone, i would also include some cricticism to make the trick look credible! and it's damn quite strange that u can't find any good documentation on this brand on the net! there ain't even a site called something like www.essexguitars.com. don't u find this strange?!?! and what about the prices?! 140$ a 5 string fretless bass?!?! comeon!!! this is very unlikelable to be real!

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Geez. Go away. Troll. Reported.

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I own one, I can assure you that they exist and they represent excellent value for money.

BTW what do you think about Sadowsky basses? :D

16. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    [The Count's Voice]
    I shall now count the massive sums of money I've made shilling SX's on TB! Hah-Ha-Ha! 1! 1 Dollar! 2! 2 Dollars! 3! 3 Dollars! Hah-Ha-Ha!
    [/The Count's Voice]
    (Thunder)

17. I used to have 4 string fretted modded with new pickups for $200. AWESOME construction, not a thing wrong with it. Great playablitiy too. I had a 5 string fretted that I got from them for $120. Good construction, fun to play and sounded pretty decent. Customer service was great because when it got a warped neck (major climate change) my warranty had expired but Kurt still took it back and gave me a refund.

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I cant find any documentation of you outside of this thread. Actually I find less than I find about Essex which you can find all over Talkbass, and Ebay.

There is also photo evidence of Essex basses. Where is the photo evidence of you?

I dont think you are real. I think you are the matrix.

19. :D :D :D

this has to be one of the funniest threads ever. should be locked and stickied for our entertainment! this kid is hilarious!

btw, i also own an essex and its great. but then again, how can i own something that cant be real :eyebrow:

20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Serriously now, read about the basses in the thread and you'll see that they are mass manufactured in factories overseas the same as a lot of cheap basses, the difference is that we have Rondo who makes sure that we only get the good one from teh batch, and if we dont, Kurt from Rondo fixes that mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.