Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bad Religion

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, Mar 10, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Any other fans here?I never hear anybody else talk about them.I think there the best punk band ever.I have New America,Process of Belief,and All Ages.All ages is definetly the best.Can anyone else reccomend me a cd by them that has songs similiar to all ages?I know all ages is a greatest hits cd,so I guess theres alot of cd's that sound like it.

2. masaru

masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    I'm a HUGE fan! Love practically everything they've ever done. Some personal faves :

Punk Rock Song
    Stranger Than Fiction
    21st Century (Digital Boy)
    American Jesus
    Recipe For Hate

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No albums, but a fan.

21st Century Digital Boy
    Punk Song
    You
    Them and Us
    Ten in 2010

ones that spring to mind immiediatly, though there are a lot of better stuff...

4. I have the process of Belief and the New America, and a few MP3s. New America has a bit too much pop, but, Bad Religion is AWESOME. In fact I'm wearing a BR shirt right now. Melodic Punk Rock at its very best. And Greg sounds just as great as ever, if not better, despite his age.

5. assuming you can tell from the username, i love bad religion too. it seems like you like their old stuff. you should buy the album "no control" (their fastest album ever), "suffer" (a punk classic), and "against the grain." although the music is simple, the vocal melodies are awesome along with the lyrics.

6. You definately should pick up Suffer and Against the Grain. Most of the stuff on All Ages is from those two albums, and the stuff that isn't is really good, too. Against the Grain has been my favorite BR album since I was in fifth grade and Suffer is a close second.

7. Suffer, No Control, and Against The Grain are the best, in that order. I also like Generator to some extent.

But these days, the one that gets the most play is How Could Hell Be Any Worse.

8. I really like Bad Religion as well.

"21st Century Digital Boy" is probably my favorite Bad Religion Song, but I don't think I've heard a song by them that I have disliked.

They're definitely a great band!

9. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    They're great. Its what punk is all about. Some of my favs are "you" and "them and us".

such a good band.

Travis

10. Bad Religion are cool. I just heard a song of their new album (I hadn't really checked it out yet), and they've still got it, which is impressive after all these years. I'll probably buy the album when I have money again :).

11. Their only cd i have is Process of Belief, which is pretty kickin. "Epiphany" and "The Defense" are my favorite off of the new cd. I think I may get No Control next.

Speaking of Bad Religion, why does NOFX parody their stuff? Like BR has "Suffer" and years later NOFX comes out with "Surfer" and the covers are very indentical. Also BR has "Stranger than fiction" and NOFX has "Stranger than fishin" There may be more too. I assume they are good pals and are just joking around.

12. Its just NOFX's "bag", Maaaaaaaaaaaan. You dig daddy-o? NOFX are actually big BR fans, (except Mike, whose a big Misfits fan).

As for BR, I'm surprised you haven't heard anyone talking about them, they are probably the 2nd oldest punk band still together. All their old stuff kicks major boo-tay, great intensity. I've heard some of the newer stuff and it sounded pretty tame by comparison, but New America actually sounded pretty good. I also hear Process of Belief is good as well. I'm not a big BR fan, but they're great just the same. Thank god they're off Atlantic!

13. For some reason, I expect everyone of your posts to be about Bigwig *breat band BTW, I saw them last month* but everytime, Im greatly disappointed

14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Bad Religion are pretty big in Germany. They usually play on several of the big open air festivals each year.

15. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Fat mike is a huge Bad Religion Fan. He said on their website that he learned how to sing by singing along with Suffer as a kid..

and let me add that i think BR is awesome... the bassline on "better off dead" is possibly one of my favorites ever. oh and skyscraper is also an amazing song.

16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i just picked up process of belief last night...it kicks...i like all the songs...my 3 favs are

Sorrow
    Broken
    Epiphany

bp13

17. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    bp13,IMO those are the three worst songs on the cd,although i do love playing the intro in EPIPHANY.My favs were supersonic,cant stop it,the defense,and materialist.oh i also like kyoto now.the whole cd is good but those tracks stood out to me.

18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ

yea...i kno what u mean...sorrow, epiphany, and broken stood out on me

bp13

19. BIGWIG ROCKS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I almost saw them like a year ago when they were opening for the vandals.....but we had to leave town *sniff* oh well, next time.

Stay Asleep is one of my fave. albums of all time. Its a great album to get pumped up to, and has some of the best riffs and songs I've heard from any band...punk or not.

Happy? ;)