bad slap tone on E string

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by G5L1C3, Dec 22, 2003.

1. G5L1C3

Mar 11, 2003
    I am quite disturbed....i have a Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman, and i can't get a good slap tone on the E string.......all the other stringsss sound awesome...but when i slap on the E its just highly confused........has this happened to anyone...any suggestions on fixing it..... or any eq settings that might help.....i ussualy leave the eq flat and just use the preamp...but any advice is appreciated thanx.
  2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    what do you mean bad?

rad bass bro, you shouldn't have such issues with her
  3. fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    I know what you mean.The bass I use is a Vigier with graphite neck and man it clatters on the E string.Add to that the cold sound of graphite and you got negative feedback when I play.No amount of string height adjustment caters for improvement.I 've heard other guys playing this bass and it still exudes clatters.I may well buy another bass due to me knowing that the bass IS the problem (a bad workman always blames his tools?) That aside,stay cool Bustin.Scotland's mis-matched slap bassist.Fallon.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    pickup too close to the strings?

old strings?
  5. fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    >"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Song of the moment:

30 seconds to mars - Buddha For Mary

Album of the moment:

Blowbeat - Chainsaw Melodies

DVD of the moment:

Opeth - Lamentations Live at Shepherd's Bush 2003<

Maybe I'm thick but in all honesty,I cannot work out the reasoning behind these mad quotes after a person has forwarded a reply or whatever.Sometimes the 'quote' is shorter than the 'bumph' after it.That aside,if people 'wish to waste space' then who am I? Stay cool. Scotland's efficient slap bassist.
  6. G5L1C3

Mar 11, 2003
    Ya i absolutely love the bass. Great feel.....awesomeeee toneeeeee.....its just that e string. It's not like horrible...but it sounds weird compared to the others...ill try to post a sound clip, but my mic has been acting up lately. I'm gunna try adjusting the string spacing.
  7. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I play a thumb so I am familiar at least, aside from that I want that bass, and have been eyeing it for a while now..
    how long ago did you buy the bass?
    how old are the strings?
    can you or did you have the neck looked at?
    jmx is right, otherwise maybe the neck pup is too low?
    i dont suggest messing with the string spacing now.
    on which pup are hearing this problem... or is it both.

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Good questions, I've heard that the E string is the first one to go on basses that hang around in the store for a long time. (Jee, I wonder why that is :confused: ;) ) ...your bass sounds like a nice bass - the kind that everybody that shops for basses wants to play, but most don't buy. So, are they the strings taht came on the bass?