1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bad Things That Happen on Halloween

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StyleOverShow, Oct 31, 2013.

1. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    I have been fired, the band has been fired, fights have spread from the dance floor to the stage on Halloween night.

I've been fired on other nights too, but it seems like a strange night.

Kinda like New Years Eve, when the party crowd is largely amateurs, out to whoop it up, get wasted too soon and make a mess of the evening.

Oh yeah, one year the night club burned down with all our amps and sound system, totally unrelated to evil, just arson, which is fairly evil come to think of it.

Had any bad experiences?

2. I got bottled two years ago on Halloween trying to break up a fight.

3. StyleOverShow

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    That had to hurt. No good deed goes unrewarded

4. ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Mar 25, 2011
    Don't you mean unpunished?

5. I knew a guy one time on Halloween, got drunk/high, took a ride on his motorcycle wearing a sheet for a ghost costume, the sheet got caught in the chain and gear, he had an accident and ended up losing a leg.

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    My town pretty much has a Halloween mob every year. Somewhere around 25,000 people hit a four block area. About temp years ago I was playing a show down there and stepped outside during a break. I was out there about five minutes and witnessed a guy getting shot and a police car getting turned over and set on fire.

7. rupture

rupture

Jan 27, 2012
    Ah Halloween in the middle east, good times

8. Surprisingly it didn't hurt. The bottle just shattered over my head. It was a fight between my ex-gf and some crazy biatch who's boyfriend stepped in without knowing what was going on (neither did I haha!)

I laugh about it now but hooooly **** did she ever get into trouble when she was drunk sometimes. Apparently it was all over my ex knocking this chick's beer out of her hand.. There was a band playing and people were pushing each other around.. It was stupid

I think two fingers won

9. StyleOverShow

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    The night life....

The only thing that happened last night after the gig was standstill traffic at 11:30 pm on the 405 freeway in LA.

10. StyleOverShow

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
  11. noiseguy

noiseguy

Apr 1, 2013
    Devil's night, Detroit. Though it's calmed down a lot now... there are lot less standing houses left to burn than in the '80's. And, technically, the night before Halloween.