1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Badass 2 for J&D Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matt_Public, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Matt_Public

Matt_Public

Sep 11, 2008
    Hiya!

Ended up with a J&D Jazz Bass copy by chance and have decided to keep it. It could use some mods though and I thought I'd ask around whether a Badass 2 bridge would fit withouth any hassle?

2. Matt_Public

Matt_Public

Sep 11, 2008
    BUMP

3. Meandmy74

Meandmy74

Jul 26, 2008
    Cause you're getting no love I'll reply. I'm not familiar with that bass but just check out a photo of the badass II and if the number of screws match up... the grooving is probably the biggest hassle if you don't go with the grooved version and plan on fitting yourself (and there's a few views on the grooved/not grooved issue on here). I have one on my P bass but my 74 jazz bass has had a Gotoh on it for years and it's still mean and growls like it should. Gotoh's are much cheaper and they do the job as many will tell you. Without wanting to go beyond your query, is there actually something wrong with your bridge?

4. Matt_Public

Matt_Public

Sep 11, 2008
    Much obliged! =)

Nah, it ain't causing me any grief as is but a little extra sustain would be nice. As far as I knew a Badass 2 would scratch that itch, but I could just as well go for a Gotoh bridge (I'm just a wee bit ignorant and chose to stick to the beaten path).

5. Meandmy74

Meandmy74

Jul 26, 2008
    There's a big price difference and I'm not convinced there is that much sustain difference. I remember reading a fair bit on here at TB about badass v gotoh v not replacing what you've got so perhaps do some searching. You might find you save money and then you can by something else to scratch another itch!

6. bassfrenzie

bassfrenzie

May 26, 2008
    I'm a Badass II believer. I bought a Badass II & a Highway 1 Jazz Bass came with it - I am not disappointed.

If it's sustain your after you shouldn't be disappointed either.

AND it looks cool.

:bassist: