BadAss 2 Pics

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassist4ever, May 31, 2002.

1. anyone have any good pictures of a badass 2 up close? i have never been able to find one and im curious as to what they look like.

also where can i get them for cheap?
  2. You can find them on eBay, both good pics and decent prices.
  3. I just purchased a Bad Ass II Bass Bridge. If I remember I'll take some close up pics of it, so you can see it. But like the other said. Ebay is a good search to start with.
  4. okay i was planning on buying a Bad Ass II bridge for a jazz bass i was going to buy. but after talking for days with someone from Leo Quan Inc. I decided i needed something with adjustable string spacing and such. i would like one that is a direct drop in replacement preferably....

any suggestions....

BTW thanks for all the help dudes... posted stuff about ba2 all over the place with no responses
  5. i recently bought an ABM 6-string bridge with adjustable spacing. it's brass, so it's not short on mass. i haven't even bouth wood for my bass yet, so i can't tell you anymore than that, but i know that badasses are known for high mass, and this bridge has it, along with adjustable spacing.
  6. ahpook

Jul 13, 2001
    i was originaly after a badass II for my jazz, but the prices in the UK are stupid and i didn't want the extra expense of paying a tech to cut the saddles for me.

so i went for a wilkinson...i know they seem to get bad press (esp. compared with schallers & ABMs), but i really like it.

it's a direct drop-in replacement,although it has 2 holes for smaller screws at the pick-up end. these are optional, but i cut two new holes and it was in no problem.

it was pretty well set up for intonation and string spacing out of the box - i didn't need to tweak it that much.

and it sounds sooo better - improved sustain, stronger mids and more punch - even girlfren though it sounded better ;)

as i said, my choices were tight from monet considerations, but for about an hours work the wilkinson has made me smile big style.

7. Pssh Pssh Pssh...I filed the grooves into my own saddle no's what you do:

Put the bridge on, then put the strings on...tighten them up so they are off the p/up magnets and then take a permanent marker and put little lines where the grooves ought to be. The go to a local hardware store, and buy a triple sided metal file. That'll set you back around $3. File where neccessary. :cool:
  8. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  9. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    here is another pic of a badass II. Its on my '79 Roadstar...
  10. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    i got mine from e-bay for 49.00$they go for about 69.00$ new in the store, they are great bridges for the money, i put it on my fender p-bass special(MIJ model)it needed a new one anyway but this was a much better up-grade, the sustain in much better,the higher end tone is much more punchy, it is well worth the money,i am now looking for one for my j/bass, they kick arse
  11. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    the only downside that i forgot to mention is that they need to have the string grooves filed in,i had my bass teacher do it for me,i seen a hack job done by an amateur and it was uhgeely! so leave it to a pro,some people leave the string contact area flat(barrel), but it sounds better done correctely
  12. ninefoldbass

ninefoldbass Guest

Feb 26, 2003
    If i put one on my p special will i have to drill(I want a ba2)
  13. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    no ,i have a p-bass special,its a MIJ model and the bridge fit to a T,the bridge holes will line up on just about any fender bass(just about);)
  14. They were originally designed to be a drop in bridge for Fenders...I installed mine myself on my MIM P and I even cut the grooves into the saddles myself. :cool: :cool: :bassist: :bassist:
  15. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    well laddy freakin da! just jokin,good for you,i seen some hack jobs and wasn't about to mess a prestine fender MIJ p/bass special when my teacher will do it for free,as far as any other mod, i will do them myself ,if i feel like i will not damage my baby.:spit: