Badass Bass Bridge II questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crazyphil, Sep 18, 2002.

1. I just picked it up and I'm has no grooves for the I need to Dremel them in after I get my string spacing the way I like it? Any other suggestions for installing this bridge? Thanks in advance
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    There are probably a number of ways to approach this.

I decided to string the bass up with my favorite brand of strings at the time and mark where the strings have the optimum playing position that suited my preferences. I used a small file (one of those little triangular ones) to make subtle grooves into the saddles. The grooves were very small and not very deep. They were just barely deep enough to keep the string in place. As I recall (this was over 15 years ago), I concentrated mostly on the G string saddle, maybe the D string too. I noticed that the mass and tension of the other strings were sufficient to keep them in place.

After enough time passes, I noticed that the act of replacing string sets, and tuning / detuning the strings, will eventually wear nice grooves into all of the saddles.
  3. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    My luthier did the job on my '78 j-bass.
    Be sure to make the grooves deep enough,so that the strings won't go out of them.
    I had to bring the bass to my luthier twice,because when I plucked the g string very hard it went out of the groove.So he dremeled a deeper groove on the g string saddle,and now everything is cool.

The Badass,is wonderfull!;)
  4. I noticed on the original brdige that all the grooves were the same size.

Ok, thanks for the information.