1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Badass Bass II Bridge screw

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Rev-al, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Rev-al

Rev-al

Apr 11, 2018
    Hello.
    Could some helpful Chap out there please pull one of their badass II bridge mounting screws and tell me the length of it, and describe the head shape ?
    I would be most grateful as I have the bridge but not the screws (or do people just reuse the original screws). It's for a 70s precision bass.
    Many thanks.

2. Take it to the hardware store and get whichever flathead, stainless steel, sheet metal screws just fit through the hole and sit right with the top of the bridge. It will probably be #8 or #10. You should want 1 1/2” length

If you have the screws that came out of your old bridge and they fit properly in the holes on the new bridge, use those.

3. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    1.5" long sounds a bit long to me - I'm thinking 1" seems more like it... IIRC, they're usually oval head phillips, too - can't remember if they're #8 or not...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. I was thinking of the bridge plate being thick on the Badass but I'm sure 1" would be fine.

I mentioned flatheads only because I have one bass with a Badass where the saddles have to come back over the screws to intonate correctly and that's a lot easier with flatheads. Most bridges would have oval head screws.

5. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    @Rev-al ..... #6 X 1 1/4" Oval Head, Phillips.

If you aren't going to use your old bridge and the screws have appropriate size heads and color, I'd use those since the body is already threaded for them.

6. Rev-al

Rev-al

Apr 11, 2018
    Many thanks for the replies, guys.
    Much appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Al