1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Badass Bass II screw replacement?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Panek, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Panek

Panek

Mar 20, 2009
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hey guys,

I have recently bought a very old Badass II bridge for my Fender Jazz. The bridge came in today and I've quickly noticed that one of the screws used to adjust the A saddle up and down is missing. So basically, every other saddle has 2 screws, this one has only one. If the A saddle isn't supported by the E saddle next to it, it drops because of the tension from the string and this really affects playability.

Other than this, the other screws are so rusty, some hardly even budge.

What I need is for someone to tell me the measurements of those screws so I can go around asking for replacements. I don't know if my measurements made with a ruler will be good so I'm asking for more professional help.

Thanks

2. Panek

Panek

Mar 20, 2009
    Warsaw, Poland
    So? Can anyone tell me anything about these hex screws used in the BadAss Bass II saddles??

3. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    They are #4 - 40 SHSS, Socket Head Set Screws. I don't remember if they are cup-point or flat-point.

Any good hardware store or industrial supplier will have them.