1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Badass Bridge for Sandberg?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Nagygabor1982, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Badass Bridge

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Sandberg Bridge change

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Nagygabor1982

Nagygabor1982 Commercial User

Aug 25, 2016
    Hi!
    I'm new here, but i have a serious problem. I have a Sandberg Electra TT4. I love this bass, but one thing i hate about with. The Bridge. The Sandberg bridge is a disaster for me. Its possible to change to a Badass Bridge, or something normal, simple bridge? The best way, if i change at home.
    Is this possible? If badfass, or any normal bridge compatible thats good.
    Thanks! And sorry for my English.

2. tkonbass

tkonbass I'm just one of the out-of-focus guys. Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
    What do you not like about the Sandberg bridge?

3. Nagygabor1982

Aug 25, 2016
    Many many screws, complicated string height and intonation setup.
    I prefer the fender types. Like Badass.
    For this reason i thinking to sold the bass, and get a Fender. :)

4. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I have a Sandberg Basic 4 and I think the bridge is actually a pretty good design. Yes, it has more screws than a Fender-style but that also allows more adjustments. If you read the manual (http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/index.php?option=com_rubberdoc&view=doc&id=118&format=raw), you should be able to adjust it the same as any bridge. It really isn't as complicated as it seems. One extra screw for locking the saddle in place when you're done adjusting, one extra for string spacing adjustment and one extra for saddle height/tilt.

5. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Babicz bridges are great, but Hipshot has a new bridge that is a modern take on the Badass.

6. Nagygabor1982

Aug 25, 2016
    I'm in dead end.... Anyone? I need a sandberg mount hole compatible bridge, but not sandberg.... :(

7. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    Yes, I think you are at a dead-end. If the Sandberg does not use a standard hole configuration, then I highly doubt any after-market bridge manufacturer makes a drop-in replacement. If you are decided on changing the bridge, you will likely have to get a new one professionally installed.

I haven't played one, but I agree with several other posters that the Sandberg bridge looks pretty dang good. I wouldn't want to change it.

8. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    I thought so too, but have heard a few complaints. Mainly that there is no intonation screw to move the saddles forwards and back, and that you have to loosen the string and slide the saddles manually before locking them down, tuning back up and testing to pitch again.

If it's a 4 hole bridge (for 4 string bass) then I think the Hipshot A style (non Fender type) would fit.

ChanceC5 likes this.
  9. _BiggieSmalls_

_BiggieSmalls_

Sep 27, 2016
    I've come across the same problem- the thing that makes me mad every time I need to adjust the bridge settings (I'm a perfectionist kind of person) is that the damn saddle fixing screw is under the strings. That forces me to loosen the strings every time I want to make even the slightest change... maybe it'll be possible to change only the saddle to those from California basses

10. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    Tempted to buy one and make it adjustable ($50-$60 on ebay).
    It looks like an intonation screw adjustment could be added at the front of the bridge. Would require a small plate added to the width of the bridge.
    If done right it would be relatively inconspicuous.