1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Badass Bridge Information Request~~!!??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by daahoud, Apr 10, 2009.

1. I plan to install one badass bridge, Original or II version (for 4 strings).

But, don't know how big is it. Width and Length.

I already have 3 holes. I wanna use it if possible.

If you have badass bridge 1, Please let me know the distance between screw holes (of course center to center :))

If you got Badass II, Please let me know the distance between 2nd Screw holes to 4th Screw holes.

Thank you for your Generosity.
    (well, too begging ? lol)

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    First, this might get better response in the set up/repair forum.

Second, the choice between a BA I and BA II is based on the type of instrument you have. The BA was originally designed for Gibson basses that had a rather high neck set. They're pretty tall to provide enough clearance to get the strings where they need to be. The BA-II was made in response to the people who put a BA-I on their Fender basses, and had to route out a chunk of wood so the bridge would sit down low enough to get the strings down to the fingerboard.

I don't recall screw spacing, but I think if you searched some websites (Stewart MacDonald for example) you might find the specs.

jte

3. My 73 P has an old BA-I on it; it's almost exactly 3/4" center-to-center between the 3 mounting screws. It is also fairly deeply recessed/routed into the body. You can see pics in the ad linked below.

4. Thank you for the figure. I just confirmed myself to buy one then. ^^

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    if this is for a fender, then you want the II, which is a direct retro-fit (the I is not).