Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Badass Bridge, New, $40 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by MBTG, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Chrome Badass Bridge, 4 string, brand new in the AllParts shrinkwrap. $40 shipped to the lower 48.

Attached Files:

2. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Will that fit on a P-Bass? If so i am interested.

3. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I believe this is the Badass I right, so it's got three holes, versus five? If so, this would require new holes for your stock fender P-bass.

4. So that wouldn't fit a stock jazz either then, right? This doesn't appear to be the Badass Bass II - that would be the correct jazz/p replacement, no?

5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Well, it's like this. You DO need to drill new holes. But the stock bridge will almost certainly cover them in case you ever switch back. So, it's not really a big deal, if you're comfortable doing the work. Alternatively, you can have your local tech do it next time you bring your bass in for a setup or something.

6. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Oh, and one other thing. Badass bridges come without the saddles cut. That means that unless you are REALLY know your way around a file, you'll need to have a tech work on the bridge, anyway.

7. Uh, oh...more than I would be happy doing... :meh:

8. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Hey, don't get me wrong--it's a REALLY nice bridge. You just need to go into it knowing what you'll need to do with it. It's a simple job for techs, who already have the arrowhead files that you use to cut these saddles. Thing is, if you do it yourself and botch it, the bridge is basically toast.