1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Badass Bridge Question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bass Tees, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Sorry if this has been discussed 500 times before, but Badass bridges... worth the money? Is there a noticeable difference in tone? I was thinking of putting one on a MIM PJ Bass.

Thanks guys.

2. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    It is worth every penny IMHO. Definitely beats the stock bridge. If you want to save a couple of $$$ I would recommend a Gotoh 201 bridge. I can't tell the difference between the two other than looks. Both are sturdy and add amazing sustain.

3. They usually cause the bass to have more sustain (added mass). This may be an improvement if more sustain is what you are looking for.

4. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    In 2000 I was asked to switch from Ibanez to Fender as I was using SUNN amps. At first I did not like the Fenders at all compared to my '83 Ibanez Musicians, especially when it came to the tone and sustain, of course the ibanez was active. I found a BADASSlaying around the studio that had belonged to the original bass player(he destroyed the bass) so I threw it on one of the precisions I was given to try which I had already put Quarterpounders in, and installing the BADASS gave it what I felt the p-bass was lacking. I tried the BADASS II, but prefer the original by far. If you shiv the neck it works out pretty good. I cant recommend the BADASS enough.

5. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

They not only improve the tone, they improve the feel tremendously.
    In fact, I'm going to put one on my New Sadowsky before I gig with it again

6. crkempton

crkempton

May 30, 2006
    Utah
    they also look pretty darn cool.

7. They are Great.