1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Badass Bridges?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bdanster92, Mar 11, 2008.

1. bdanster92

bdanster92

Jan 14, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hey all, I have a 2000 Fender Standard Jazz Bass (American of course) and I've been looking to get a new bridge for it. I know the Badass II is great for sustain and tone, but I've noticed they are held on with 5 bolds. The problem being my current bass bridge is held of with 3. Do I have to drill my body so the bridge fits, or is there a 3 hold model?:help:

2. Badass Bass III drops right onto the American Series without modification.

3. Dude, do a google search. There are 3-bolt models. Pretty much any place you can order them from will have 3-bolt versions too. (I think the BA-I was a 3 bolt model).

4. If you are looking for a good bridge, I would also check out the Gotoh 201. I bought that and it dropped right into place and it sounds amazing. I've had the BAII on a different J bass and the Gotoh on my '94 Fender J and, although both are an improvement, they are very comprable. Plus, you can save almost $100 by going the Gotoh route. Both have proven effective to me, so it's a matter of whether you want the name or not.

5. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    I put a BADASS3 on my 2004 MIA Jazz. I bought it for $69 dollars shipped on ebay, grooved saddles and all, and I love it. It is a perfect 3 hole match for my MIA Fender.

6. RUDEONTOUR

RUDEONTOUR

Mar 29, 2007
    phoenix,AZ
    I still haven't tried anything that made me want to retire my original Badass, which I think smokes the Badass II

7. Gotoh 201 is not a drop-in replacement for MIA Fenders but it is a good bridge. BTW the stock bridge on the MIA is heavy enough, you will have no or little improvement from replacing it with a badass

8. bdanster92

bdanster92

Jan 14, 2008
    Massachusetts

Umm, are you sure about that. I've noticed a huge difference just playing my friends MIJ P/J bass when he switched out the bridge for a Badass II.

9. umm, did you see that I said MIA :)? MIA bridges have a quite heavy baseplate and backplate.