Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Badass Dimensions?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fookgub, Jun 17, 2005.

1. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it using the search.

I'm thinking about replacing the bridge on a Cort SB10 I just got. I want to use an original Badass, but I can't find the mounting dimensions anywhere. Does anyone know the spacing of the mounting screws? The stock cort bridge has three mounting screws behind the saddles, as does the Badass, so I'm thinking there's a slight chance it will just drop in.

Thanks in advance :D

2. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
  3. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I've seen that before, but it only gives the dimensions for Hipshot's bridges. I wish more manufacturers would follow Hipshot's lead, but Quan doesn't appear to offer any mechanical drawings of their bridges.

Anyway, I asked a seller on eBay, and he told me the mounting screws are 3/4" apart. The stock Cort bridge's mounting screws are also spaced by 3/4", so it looks like the Badass will drop in. It could be the one or both of us is off by 1/8", but it's worth a shot, and I'm not afraid of drilling new holes if I have to.

I'm going to buy a Gotoh 206, too, and evaluate them side by side. So if anyone is interested in my comments, give me a bump in about a week.