Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

badass II on a gibson grabber

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gord, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    hey guys,
    just wondering if a badass II would fit a gibson grabber or if I would have to use a badass I or something different alltogether

thanks!
    gord

2. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    bump? :)

3. I seem to recall seeing the 1 on Grabbers and Rippers.

I know I've seen II models on Thunderbirds, but I don't know if there's a real reason behind the difference.

Now the traditional question- why are you replacing the bridge? Is it that the bridge is broken, or are you looking to "upgrade." If you're trying to "upgrade" you might be disappointed. If this were an issue of the 2 point or 3 point bridges used on other Gibson basses, a bridge "upgrade" isn't too bad of an idea- but the Grabber and Ripper bridges aren't bad.

4. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    The reason for my upgrade is that the bridge is beginning to rust, or at least it looks like rust. It might not be rust, since that seems a bit odd, but it's pretty much filthy beyond repair, pieces are breaking off, it's just a complete mess. Your right though, the bridges on these things are fine, I've played a few before, but this one.. ugh!

5. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    the Grabber had a stamped bridge, similar to the standard Fender bridge. I'm pretty sure the BA-1 was designed to replace Gibson's 2-point bridge. you could probably use a BA-II since the saddles need to be filed.