Badass II on Hoppus Signature bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by todostusmuertos, Apr 12, 2004.

1. todostusmuertos

Feb 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Man, I was so happy to get my bridge that I got on Ebay today and when I try to install it the holes on the bridge didn't match the holes on the bass (String-thru-body Configuration) mainly cause of that.
    Is there a way to get around that?
    by the look of it I don't think so.
    I thought it'd be nice to buy this bass and mod it but if I can't do this, it's gonna suck.

PS: I think I'm on the right forum, if not, I'm sorry.
  2. tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    You can get that bridge to work on your bass but it will require drilling. You might have to find a good tech to do the job.

There's been a lot of confusion regarding the new string-through Badass II bridges. They are basically the same as the standard BA II with string-through holes at the base of the bridge. Unfortunately, recent Fender string-throughs have non-traditional 3 hole mounting and the string-through holes are lined up with the mounting holes. This is not the case with the string-through BA II.

3. todostusmuertos

Feb 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks for the info.
    I'll see if I can find a good tech.
    What are other bridges that are available for replacement and as good as the BA II?
    thank you.
  4. I had a look at the new version-

strange why they put the holes so far back on the baseplate-
    they won't line up with any Fender string-thru holes.

when I put my Warmoth P bass together in 2000 I drilled holes in a Badass II in line with the mounting screws to make it strings-thru.
    I had to file deep grooves in the back of the saddles to get the strings to sit flat on the saddle tops due to the sharper break angle.

I'd have designed the string thru Badass II with holes in line, and cut scoops in the saddles to allow a clear string path.