1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Badass II saddle wrench size.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ausf, Sep 12, 2008.

1. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    I did a search and emailed the company but I couldn't find an exact size.

I went to both an autosupply place and Lowes, but the couldn't find a small size set, only monster ones with one or two, none of which looked small enough.

I'm not even sure if the set screw is metric or SAE.

Anyone have the size?

I changed to LaBellas and I need to get this buzz off the strings and out of my head!!!!!! :crying:

2. They are 0.050". I had to buy a big set to get the one I needed. I think someone posted on here about finding small sets, so a search may be in order.

3. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    Good deal Slyjoe, Thanks.

Lowes had one set of about 100 that had a .050. So I guess I'll grab one of those. It also included ball end sets that will come in handy for the truss rod nut at the base of the neck. I would have grabbed it, but it would have been useless if the smallest (050) wouldn't work.

4. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    A standard set from craftsman comes with.

5. I personally don't like to use ball ends. They seem to have a tendency to not grip as well and "round out" the nut.

Of course, YMMV :)

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've been using the same 2 Bondhus wrenches w/ball ends (1/16" and .050") for about 5 years w/no issues.

http://www.allparts.com/store/SearchStoreResults.asp

7. I haven't had problems with the small ones - it's the larger ones for truss rods I don't care for. Maybe it's my technique.