Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BADASS II...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Keepitcoolidge, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Im taking my bridge down to a local guitar shop to have the saddles filed. Am I going to need to take the whole guitar or just the bridge?

2. pommes

pommes

Jun 13, 2005
    Germany
    take the complete bass as the string spacing and neck width decide where to file the saddles

3. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I did the Badass 2 bridge filing myself. It isn't too bad...

I took acurate measurements of how my fender sat, in correlation with the saddle (turned out that if I filed the saddles in the middle then I would get the same feel as the old bridge.. in regards to where the strings sit and their spacing.) It was harder to find files than it was to file them down.

You just have to make sure that you file the saddles so that:
    1.) the strings stick out about half way when you look at them from the side
    2.) the filing wil lallow the strings to fit nicely without sliding out of the saddle.

BE sure to sand little at a time and constantly check how your progress... You can always take more off but can't undo what you did...

That is if you want to save some $$$ and do it yourself. Maybe this post can help those who want to do it theirselves at least!

4. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    bannedwit - do you mind posting pictures of the results? I'm contemplating picking up a baddass II for one of mine.

5. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    ahhh no pics.. i could take some in a week though if you still want them