Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

badass or badass II

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by flaghard, Nov 13, 2004.

1. flaghard

flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    im making some changes to my MIM fender jazz and im wondering which bridge is better quality, badass or badassII

thanks, flaghard :help:

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I have the original Badass in my '76 Rick, and I have a few Fenders with the Badass II. I don't see any differences quality-wise, mass-wise it's a different story. The Badass II is a direct replacement model for Fender basses with a 5 screw bridge. If your MIM has a 5 screw bridge it's pretty easy to swap them out.

The original Badass has a really thick 'bottom plate'. It was necessary to rout out my Rick's body so the string height could be adjustable via the Badass' bridge saddles. If you choose the original Badass you'll probably have to rout your Fender's body out for it to fit properly.

I haven't tried the original Badass in a Fender so I can't say if it's extra mass does anything tone-wise. IMO the Badass II does a great job in Fender or Fender-style basses.

-Art.